The testing showed:
- Reduced emissions of diesel internal combustion engines with:
- Reduced exhaust smoke by 49%.
- Reduced exhaust opacity by 50%.
- Cut fuel usage by 11%, with the potential to reach 20% on some older engines.
- Savings of ~ $90,000 per unit on fuel costs each year when running a 250KVA generator, with more significant savings on larger-scale diesel engines.
- Each unit will cut carbon emissions by 300 tonnes per year.
- Allows companies to access the lucrative carbon credits system.
- Interest from underground mining companies as the smoke reduction carries major health benefits for their employees working on-site.